Branching off from the conversation we had in episode #022, all about the power of taking a high quality multivitamin versus a “bad” quality one that might actually be harming your health more than it’s actually helping you.
That brief comment really sparked your interest and our inboxes were flooded with the following questions we promise to tackle within this episode:
- How can I tell if my supplements are actually “high quality”?
- Which brands can I trust? Which brands should I avoid?
- How can I tell the difference between “good”
versus “bad”, and what certifications can I look for?
- What certifications actually matter?
- Which added ingredients should I avoid?
- Is the FDA actually monitoring what’s being sold over the counter?
Available to Listen on: iTunes & Spotify.
Jennifer Klotz, MS, RD is extremely passionate about this topic and very well informed. That being said – we both believe that the information in this episode is imperative to your long term health, especially if you’re taking even one supplement, herb, or vitamin on a regular basis.
DID YOU KNOW?
Taking a poor quality supplement can actually do more harm than taking nothing at all?
Continue reading “Episode 30: Vitamins & Supplement Quality. What to Look For + What to Avoid with Jennifer Klotz, RD”
This episode with Carly is full of Simple Solutions & Practical Takeaways for EVERYONE whether or not you have been diagnosed with a thyroid condition, or not. This information, although centered around Thyroid Health – is truly applicable to all of us on so many levels – no matter what we’re dealing with.
Tackling your top questions after listening to last week’s Episode #025 & don’t miss all of the resources we’ve linked to below – Including that recipe we mentioned, the water filters we talked about, the gut health episode with Brigid (#016) – as well as Carly’s top resources you won’t want to miss.
Listen to this Episode on iTunes, Spotify or Play Directly below.
TOP QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THIS EPISODE:
Continue reading “Episode 026: Thyroid Health Do’s & Don’ts with Carly Johnson Brawner”
- Which labs should you be getting checked for a full look at your thyroid? & How often should you be re-evaluating your levels?
- What are the normal ranges that people can refer to when looking at their labwork – specifically for thyroid health (details provided below)
- How can we prevent it from happening to us? What are the triggers/lifestyle causing hypothyroid conditions and or autoimmune disorders? Things to do – Things to avoid?
- Are there certain foods we should be eating – that are more beneficial than others?
- Is it possible to get off thyroid medication? & How?